Snagit Product Owner - TechSmith
2020 - Present
• Fostered a new user-focused research standard for Snagit by organizing and hosting multiple Design Sprints, which helped define the strategic road map for the Templates and Simplified User Interface features.
• Regularly communicated project goals to business stakeholders, developers, designers, and customer support as the lead for the largest feature update in an upcoming Snagit release.
• Curated a beta test plan, which included user surveys, workflow analytics, and guided exercises to evaluate our current designs’ effectiveness.
Software Engineer 2 - TechSmith
2015 - 2020
• Defined user stories for the Simplified User Interfaces feature, which was approved by product owners and regularly referenced throughout the release.
• Maintained documentation for programming, design, and quality goals as a Technical Lead for the Snagit Windows team.
• Significantly contributed to both the Snagit Windows and Mac Repositories with C++, C#, Objective-C, and Swift code.
• Founded multiple team norms to better adapt the agile workflow including sprintly pod demos, sprintly pod retros, and cross-platform communication.
• Founded and led Snagit Events Committee throughout 2019 by organizing events and surveying coworkers to foster team relationships.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Dungeon Expansion (Unity Engine)
• Recreated Zelda game mechanics in Unity to develop an entirely new dungeon with additional enemies, items, and puzzles.
• Researched and published an article detailing ideal Zelda dungeon design which directly influenced my own design in the expansion.
Natural Perfection (Unity Engine)
• Devised and programmed power-ups in a split screen multiplayer shooter for a Game Jam where the theme was "evolution."
Unlit (Unreal Engine)
• Evaluated the effectiveness of Unreal's Blueprint scripting language in an "Advanced Directed Study" dedicated to researching the use of Unreal at the University of Michigan for educational purposes.
Simon Says Kinect (Unity Engine)
• Developed a Microsoft Kinect based physical therapy game targeted at overcoming the strict user requirements of physically disabled patients at the local hospital.
Game Criticism and Analysis
• Created dozens of articles, videos, and podcast episodes analyzing/discussing video games, which attracted over 500,000 YouTube channel views.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
Bachelors in Computer Science
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Senior focus on Video Game Development and Research
American Management Association (AMA) Training
SAFe 4.0 Practitioner
Adobe Creative Suite